Monday, December 17, 2007

Ink Inquiry



So incase you did not know, I am a lover of tattoos. Tattoos make me go nuts, the whole idea of decorating your body and having meaningful piece permanently etched on my body turns me on. I already have one tattoo, and my next piece is going to be especially meaningful to me. I want it to be a piece about my father. When I was a young kid, my parents took me to Taos, NM a lot. We would ski, hike, hot air balloon, ride horses lots of fun stuff. I really connect to the whole southwestern indian thing because its the style that reminds me most of my parents and my childhood home (thats the style my mother decorated the house with). 
I know thats what I want my next piece to be about but I'm not sure where I want it to go and who I want to do it. I know I want it to be big and intricate, possible a sleeve. 
I also have this idea to incorperate the piece with a female and male Kokopelli; to represent my mother and late father. 
If anybody has any ideas about who would be best for a piece like this or an idea that could help me tie everything together I would be very much obliged! 

No comments: