Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Persepolis and other things...

On Persepolis:
I have officially both read the book and seen the movie, and think that this is an official classic in my book. I can't wait for the next installment.

It changed the way I think about myself and what I value as a woman. Right now, I feel like I'm in the part of my life after Marjane comes back from Vienna and is all like whatever about how everyone has changed. I relate to her a lot, I think. I feel like we are alike in our knowledge of the importance of family, which is inconsistent for this age. Marjane is my hero.


On Life:
I want to go home. FSU and school are not my thing. I was not made to sit and write about silly things that don't matter. If I had more balls I'd transfer and go abroad for some amazing cause. But I'm a coward and I don't think I could handle it if things got worse for me right now.
The only people who seems interested in me are Antoine, the dude who lives in a hickish nowhere town and can't afford to come see me, and Nick my TA from last semester, who is too old and too dork. As excited and different as this time is for me I'm ready to be genuinely happy. I'm ready to see the family again, I'm ready to meet prince charming, I'm ready to make amazing movies that rival the literary intricacies of Persepolis. I'm ready for peace.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I was totally interested in you, but I was probably too dork.